Rosacea condition that mainly affects the face. It is more common amongst women and people with paler or fair skin types. Symptoms can affect men and can often be worse. It is often mistaken for acne, eczema or a skin allergy.
There is no cure for this condition, however there are a number of ways symptoms can be reduced try and avoid:
- Taking up a dairy free diet has shown to reduce symptoms in some people considerably. As Rosacea is an inflammation of the blood vessels and dairy products promote inflammation.
- Using saunas or having very hot baths.
- Too much vigorous exercise.
- Stress or anxiety.
- Too much caffeine.
- Really spicy food.
- Too much alcohol.
- Too much sun or exposure to extremes of temperatures.
- Some foods such as tomatoes, citrus fruits and chocolate should be limited or avoided if possible.
Although there is no skincare product than can clear Rosacea totally, but there are some products that can protect from the elements and help reduce the redness.
Here are our Top 5 we recommend: